When the seed of life is sown in their hearts, God’s people grow up beautifully and gloriously. Taking up this botanical analogy, The Beauty and Glory of Christian Living opens by discussing the divine roots of the Christian life in being united to Christ in faith, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit, becoming spiritually minded, and living by the means of grace. It then explores how our Christian lives branch out to influence our families, our workplaces, and the world. Finally, a series of chapters deal with weathering the storms of life, when we are pelted with affliction, sexual temptation, negative thought patterns, hard times, sickness, and death. In all of this, we see a faithful God who causes His people to flourish for His glory.
Contributors include Michael Barrett, Ian Hamilton, John Tweeddale, Joel Beeke, William VanDoodewaard, Brian Najapfour, Josh Dear, Gerald Bilkes, Brian Croft, and David Murray.
Table of Contents:
Christian Living in Its Divine Roots
1. Living Out Our Faith: The Christian Life Inside Out—Michael Barrett
2. Living by the Spirit’s Sanctifying Ministry—Ian Hamilton
3. Living on Things Above: John Owen on Spiritual-Mindedness—John W. Tweeddale
4. Living by the Means of Grace: How God Beautifies His Children—Ian Hamilton
Christian Living in Its Human Branches
5. Living in the Family: Thoughts from William Gouge—Joel R. Beeke
6. Living in the Workplace: Following in Jesus’ Steps—William VanDoodewaard
7. Living Evangelistically: Biblical Motivation for Proclaiming the Gospel—Brian Najapfour with Josh Dear
Christian Living in Its Earthly Storms
8. Living in the Furnace of Affliction—Gerald Bilkes
9. Living Morally in a Sexually Immoral World—Brian Croft
10. Living Positively in a Negative Culture—David Murray
11. Living through Sickness and Death—Brian Croft
12. Living Hopefully in Hard Times: The Beauty and Glory of the Book of Judges—John W. Tweeddale
Joel R. Beeke (PhD, Westminster Seminary) is president and professor of systematic theology and homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary; a pastor of the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan; editor of Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth; editorial director of Reformation Heritage Books; and a prolific author.
|Dimensions||234 × 157 × 18 mm|
Beeke, Joel R., (Author), Hamilton, Ian, Murray, David, Barrett, Michael, Croft, Brian, VanDoodewaard, William, John Tweeddale, Gerald Bilkes, Brian Najapfour, Josh Dear, (Author, Author, Author, Author, Author, Author, Author, Author, Author)
Reformation Heritage Books (2014), 168 pages