Bake Through the Bible at Christmas
Available on back-orderCompare
Bake through the Bible at Christmas helps parents to explore the Christmas story with their child while having lots of fun cooking together.
It contains 12 Bible stories, told in a simple, engaging style, that take a child through the events of the first Christmas. Each story is supported by a cooking activity that reinforces the main teaching, along with questions to discuss while cooking, and a simple recap to use while enjoying what you’ve made.
Cooking activities include:
– Spiced star tree decorations to remind you that Jesus is the light of the world.
– Cranberry angel cakes to link with the angel’s message to Mary.
– Egyptian tomato soup with pyramid toast to remember that God kept Jesus and his family safe in Egypt.
With clear, illustrated recipes, you don’t have to be a good cook to enjoy this book—just ready to have some fun as you bake through the Bible at Christmas!
- How to use this book
- Cooking with children
- 12 activities and recipes:
- 1. The light in the darkness: Spiced star tree decorations
- 2. The promise of God from long ago: Gingerbread family tree
- 3. An angel brings a message to Mary: Cranberry angel cupcakes
- 4. Elizabeth is expecting a baby in her old age: Hidden surprise cake
- 5. An angel brings a message to Joseph: Fruity yogurt pancakes
- 6. Jesus is born in Bethlehem and placed in a manger: Gingerbread manger
- 7. Angels tell the good news of Jesus’ birth: Party time! (Mulled apple juice and chocolate log)
- 8. The shepherds visit Jesus, praise God and tell others: Tear-and-share bread
- 9. Simeon and Anna meet Jesus: Happy snowman trifle
- 10. The wise men find and worship Jesus: Crown sandwiches
- 11. The Escape to Egypt: Egyptian tomato soup with pyramid toast
- 12. The greatest Christmas present: Seasonal gifts
- Downloads and resources
- Baking templates
|Age range:||2 – 7|
|Author||Susie Bentley-Taylor, Bekah Moore|
|Dimensions||215mm x 270mm x 4.4mm|
|Dimensions||264 × 211 × 5 mm|
Bentley-Taylor, Susie, (Author), Bekah Moore, (Author)
The Good Book Company (2015), 47 pages